Accessing Your Hero Mail
There are two ways to access a mailbox for sending and receiving email messages:
1. Configure a Mail Client
2. Use Web Mail
How to Configure a Mail Client
Set up and use an email client program on your computer. Typically, in such programs you should specify the following settings:
- Username. In this field, specify your full email address. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Password. The password for your email account This password was emailed to your main account email you used to purchase the site.
- Mail server protocol. This property defines whether you want to keep copies of messages on the server or not.
- To keep the copies on the server, select the IMAP option.
- If you do not want to keep them on the server, select POP3.
Selecting IMAP will also allow you to train the Spam filter on email messages you receive.
- Incoming mail server (POP3/IMAP). Enter “Heroes.com”.
- The POP3 port is 110 (or 995 for secure POP).
- The IMAP port is 143 (or 993 for secure IMAP).
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP). Type “Heroes.com”
- The SMTP port is 25 (or 465 for secure SMTP).
- This server requires authentication. Enter in the email address for your hero site (e.g. email@example.com). The password will be the password that was emailed to you when you signed up.
How to Set Up Web Mail
You can open a web browser and go to “https://webmail.heroes.com”
– Username is the email address that is associated with your site (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
– Password is the password that was mailed to you.
NOTE: You can change your email password through the webmail interface. Sign in via webmail as stated above, then go to “Settings” and change your email address from there. Doing so means you will need to update your email password on any mail clients you have configured on other computers or mobile devices.